Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Cute How-To Project

It is finally starting to feel like spring, the flowers are beginning to bloom and I can finally downsize from my overly bulky winter jacket to a still pretty warm one. If the weather man isn't lying to me again it might hit 60 degrees this weekend!

Any-hoo. I've finally caught up with my school work enough to take a break for a night. This whole week involved test after essay after test, but tonight is my night off. I don't know about any of you, but it's one of my biggest pet peeves when someone uses the excuse "my computer crashed" or "my printer was out of ink" to try to get an extended deadline for their work. If I could pull my life together to complete an assignment you should too! I've barely had time to complete my latest project I've been working on the last 2 weeks.



I spent approximately 5 hours creating a 1 foot tall owl out of nothing but plastic bags (they began piling up underneath my sink, so I needed to do something with them). Why use yarn when you can have plarn? Inspired by eco-friendly crafts, I decided to make my first ball of “plarn”. Plarn is plastic yarn. You can use plarn to crochet just about anything. To make plarn, all you need is a bunch of old plastic bags and a pair of scissors. Here is how I made it:





I'm going to be working on a whole line of plastic bag items, I'm going to attempt a tote bag next to help advertise my new work. If you have any suggestions on what you want me to make next feel free to leave a comment.

Until next time,
Teslas

No comments:

Post a Comment